Our club is involved in a number of projects at both the local and international level. The projects we are engaged in are determined by our members. Consequently these change over time, but the following are the major ones we are involved in.
LOCAL PAST & CURRENT PROJECTS:
- Relay for Life – we have a team that raises funds and participate in the Relay
- Highway cleanup – members cleans up the highway a few times a year from Onsdorf to Eaton Blvd.
- School Readiness Days – members donate school supplies for needy students
- Holiday Party – we, along with Lewis River Rotary, host a holiday party for poor children. Members donate presents for the children and food for a festive party.
- Bicycle donations – we obtain a grant from the Battle Ground Foundation and the Rotary District 5100 Foundation enabling us to purchase bikes and helmets which are delivered to children by Santa’s Posse shortly before the holidays.
- Donations to North County Community Food Bank – we helped raise over $15,000 in 2014 for our local food bank
- Purchase of Shelter Boxes –we have purchased two shelter boxes that are used for people who need housing such as when there are natural disasters or where there are refugee camps.
- Scholarships for School Children in Mexico – funds are raised to provide scholarships for children at Pacaya Uno School in Coatepeque, Guatemala so they can attend secondary school. These scholarships provide uniforms, supplies, and registration for one year. If this money were not available to these students, they could not afford to attend school. The cost of secondary school in this community is $100 per year.
- Transitions wheelchair and prosthetic project in Antigua, Guatemala.
- Efforts to clean up Lake Atitlan in Guatemala by providing clean cook stoves to families in the region.